So, you’ve checked out the schedule for play times and the Venues page to sort out where you are going .. Now, where do I park?
With parking a premium in every city these days, it can be a bit tricky to find that perfect spot right at your Venue’s door. With this in mind we have prepared some information to assist you and hopefully make your parking experience a bit easier when you go play.
Parking options at the following INDOOR Venues:
TCC: (Tournament Capital Centre)
– There are many 2 hour free parking stalls for TCC patrons only. You simply input your vehicle licence plate number at one of the meters.
– When you go play PB at TCC you are a TCC patron and you are allowed to park at the TCC parking lot using the 2 hour meters.
– TCC indoor play times are 1.5 to 2.0 hours in length.
– You may also use a City of Kamloops Parking Pass available for Wednesdays and Fridays Only, which can be picked up at the TCC front desk. Just leave it on your dash and go.
– Bylaw officers monitor the TCC parking lot strictly between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. If you go over 2 hours or park and walk over to TRU, and they notice, you will get ticketed and towed.
– The parking at TCC is not monitored by the parking stall meters or bylaws: after 5:00 p.m. weekdays, all day Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays.
TRU: (Thompson Rivers University)
– TRU is nearly adjacent to TCC. The City of Kamloops Parking Pass is available to use for PB play at TRU on Wednesdays and Fridays Only. Just leave it on your dash and walk over to the TRU gymnasium.
– If you park at TCC on any other weekday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and walk over to TRU, you can and will get ticketed and towed. Bylaws are very attentive as students sometimes try to park at TCC and walk to the University ..
– TRU parking lots have free parking after 5:00 p.m. weekdays, all day Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays.
– SO WHAT DO I DO FOR TUESDAY A.M. PLAY? How about a nice walk for a PB warm-up?
At this time, the options for Tuesday a.m. are to pay for parking at a TRU parking meter or park on nearby side streets.
KTA: (Kamloops Tennis Assoc.) aka the bubble, the dome
– Lots of free parking along Front Street outside the courts. Note: Only 2 hour parking allowed in front of the condos.
– Nearby, Pioneer Park has free parking.
– Lorne Street is another option if the other areas are full.
City of Kamloops Parking Pass:
The City of Kamloops has provided our club members Parking Passes to attend PB at TCC and TRU. Below is a sample of this pass. Get yours at the TCC front desk.
– The pass is only good for Wednesdays and Fridays. 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
– Notably, the pass expires Dec. 31, 2018.
– If you have a dark green parking pass, which includes Tuesdays, it is no longer valid. Please pick up a new lime green parking pass like the one below at TCC front desk.
– Tuesdays are no longer available due to another program running at TCC which will require the parking stalls, per Parks & Recreation.
Details for parking options for the January 1 to April 30, 2019 Indoor session will come closer to that time.
Parking options at the following OUTDOOR Venues:
– Details for Outdoor Venues to come in Spring 2019 before the season starts.