So, you’ve checked out the schedule for play times and the Venues page to sort out where you are going .. Now, where do I park?
With parking a premium in every city these days, it can be a bit tricky to find that perfect spot right at your Venue’s door. With this in mind we have prepared some information to assist you and hopefully make your parking experience a bit easier when you go play.
TCC: (Tournament Capital Centre)
– There are many 2 hour free parking stalls for TCC patrons only. You simply input your vehicle licence plate number at one of the meters.
– When you go play pickleball at TCC you are a TCC patron and you are allowed to park at the TCC parking lot using the 2 hour meters. If you think you will go over 2 hours of play you may leave your license plate number with the front desk staff so bylaws are aware.
– TCC indoor play times are 2.0 to 2.5 hours in length.
– Bylaw officers monitor the TCC parking lot strictly between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. If you go over 2 hours of play at TCC without notifying the TCC front desk or park at TCC and walk over to TRU, and bylaws notice, you will get ticketed and towed.
– The parking at TCC is not monitored by the parking stall meters or bylaws: after 5:00 p.m. weekdays, all day Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays.
TRU: (Thompson Rivers University gym)
– TRU is nearly adjacent to TCC.
– Club members will have to find their own parking outside of TCC when playing at TRU.
– You may park on side streets or pay for parking at a TRU parking lot.
– TRU parking lots have free parking after 5:00 p.m. weekdays, all day Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays.
– You cannot park at TCC and walk over to TRU to play pickleball.
– If you park at TCC between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and walk over to TRU, you can and will get ticketed and towed. Bylaws are very attentive as students sometimes try to park at TCC and walk to the University.
KTC: (Kamloops Tennis Centre) aka the bubble, the dome
– Lots of free parking along Front Street outside the courts. Note: Only 2 hour parking allowed in front of the condos.
– Nearby, Pioneer Park has free parking.
– Lorne Street is another option if the other areas are full.
RVP: (Riverside Park)
– Free parking is located at the west parking lot at Riverside Park, beside the courts.
– If RVP parking is full, parking at Pioneer Park and walking the 15 minutes along the Rivers Trail to Riverside Park is a beautiful walk and a great warm-up.
– Side streets offer pay meter parking and free parking.
– During tournaments, additional parking options will be available.